Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Introducing...

Greyson Vincent DeZago!  I am so proud and excited to let you all know that he is finally here!  Greyson was born at 8:45 pm on Friday, July 17th.  He weighed a whopping 9 pounds 4 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long!  He has TONS of dark hair like his daddy and is just beautiful!  Friday was a tough day, as I was in labor beginning at 2 am.  We went to the hospital around 5:30 and they asked me to walk for an hour and see what that did.  It progressed me another cm, so they decided to admit me as I was finally in actual labor!  Long story short...I ended up having three (YES, count them) THREE epidurals because for some reason my spine doesn't take to them very well.  And guess what?  The third one wore off too!  And just in time to push.  So, I went through two agonizing hours of pushing with no medication.  Finally they decided after two hours that I was making NO progress and it was time for a c-section.  So, they zipped me off to the OR and gave me the best numbing stuff I'd had all day!  Greyson was then quickly delivered at 8:45 pm.  When they told me how much he weighed, I thought he was someone else's baby!  Then, I realized that he would have never made it out with all the pushing in the world!  Crazy kid.  :)  Anyway, we got home from the hospital Monday afternoon and have been falling in love ever since.  Here are some photos that tell his story.  

His first bath.  I just love this confused look he gets...he is so good at it!

All cleaned up!  I love those eyes. :)

This is Greyson's Yankee outfit.  He looked so handsome in it.  :)

The TWO men in my life.  I LOVE this shot of daddy.


Another shot of the Yankee outfit.  This was the day we brought him home!
Dan has been posting updated pictures on Greyson's very own website.  So click here to view those.  And keep checking back because I will definitely be posting updates consistently. 

5 comments:

Trish said...

He is beautiful Erin! I hope you are getting some rest. I am so happy for you both!

Greggerjo said...

What a BEAUTIFUL boy!! Congratulations guys, he's perfect! And don't worry, we'll get him some AZ Diamondbacks gear to replace that old Yankee nonsense soon enough. (;

-greg-

Unknown said...

I looked at all of the pictures, even the ones from Dan. You've got a beautiful, expressive little boy and are lucky to be surrounded by all your loved ones! Congratulations. :)

John & Lisa said...

He is so darling. Enjoy!

lulliloo said...

9lbs! Holy Day lady, GOOD JOB.
Hope you're enjoying falling in love,
Blessings to your family~