Friday, July 10, 2009

5 Years Ago Today...

I made one of the best decisions of my life...I married my best friend.  [Sappy post alert... :)]  The last five years have been full of so many ups and downs, but I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else by my side.  God has used Dan in countless ways, to teach me countless lessons...most of which I am still learning.  For those of you that know us both, you know there couldn't be two more opposite people :).  Dan wasn't my "plan."  Dan loves to sit at his computer doing who-knows-what for more hours than I can stay awake in a day, he hates any food that grows from the ground [exception: mashed potatoes], he had never been camping before he married me, he didn't understand the point of owning a puppy, he's a die-hard Yankees fan, and he is the most literal, exacting, calculated person I have ever known.  But, he loves Jesus with all his heart, he has a faith that challenges mine every day, he wants nothing more than to use what has been given to him to serve God and help others, he works so incredibly hard to support his family, he is enormously creative, he is always coming up with new and better ways to do things, he is a high school boy at heart [and I hope he never loses that], he loves his unborn son more than words can say, and he is my very best friend.  I know this is a really long post, but I just wanted you all to know how incredibly proud I am of my husband.  I wouldn't be who I am today without him.  He is God's biggest tool [in a good way!] in my life.  

I love you with all my heart and I know that as we enter this adventure called parenthood, I will love you even more than I can imagine.  Thank you for being you, because I can't imagine life any other way.
july 10, 2004:

1 comment:

Shannon said...

This is very sweet. I'm so glad you two have each other and you are going to make amazing parents! Happy Anniversary friend! Love you.