Sunday, May 16, 2010

#47 - Check!

#47: Finish my family tree wall.

Another one checked off the list!  This has been completed for months now.  I just have neglected to actually take some pictures and post them.  I got this idea from my friend Kristen at work, and I LOVE it.  We had a huge blank wall just off our living room, and I didn't like the lame photo arrangement that was there before.  It needed some life.  So, I painstakingly hand painted this tree, which took a few weekends of having the ladder and paint in our hallway!  I got the knobs at either Anthropologie or Hobby Lobby (two of my most favorite stores in the universe) and the frames came from wherever I could find them.  Most of the photos are of Greyson, but I'm sure that will change as our family grows.  I just love this wall now.  It is so much fun, and everyone who comes to our home loves it too.  Definitely a great use of the space.

The whole thing:
And just to give you a size reference, most of those are 8x10's.  The bigger one of the 3 of us is an 11x14.  So the wall is fairly big.


And my favorite details:


Those knobs make me happy :)

And, in case you were wondering what the boy looks like these days, here is a fun shot of him today before some pool time:

4 comments:

Cherry Blossoms said...

That turned out great Erin! You did an awesome job!!

thecrowls said...

wow, what a GREAT idea! want to come to Seattle and paint a tree :)

Kristen said...

I love it! It turned out great. I love the frame that holds three photos...my tree might need one!

erindezago said...

kristen - its just from target! super cheap!